How dog-friendly is Singapore? We’re charting dog-friendly Singapore one shop at a time!
Here are some shops and cafes that we have visited or eaten at with Donna. Some of the places we visited a couple of years back, so it will be good practice to call up the shop to check if they are still dog-friendly before you go. :)
Note that when it comes to cafes, there is a difference. Dog Cafes are cafes opened with the intention for dogs to socialise. Dog-friendly cafes are cafes opened with the main intent of serving humans, but with an outdoor option for human patrons who want to visit with their dog on the leash by their table.
Most recently we visited Verdure Cafe & Springleaf Park
In general | Unless we’ve been to a shop with Donna before, I will ask just to make sure that the shop does welcome the dog in the outdoor seating. Some places don’t. Some places consider the crowd they are catering to at the time, before they allow the dog or no. It’s usually advised to keep your dogs on the leash and on the floor, to avoid unnecessary complaints to the shops/authorities which may turn currently dog-friendly shops into dog-unfriendly shops. ;)
There is also a small selection of dog friendly shops and other commercial establishments that welcome dogs to visit further down this page. Enjoy!
Singapore Dog Cafes
Dog Cafes are cafes opened with the intention for dogs to socialise.
Singapore Dog Friendly Cafes by Zone
Dog-friendly cafes are cafes opened with the main intent of serving humans, but with an outdoor option for human patrons who want to visit with their dog on the leash by their table. Please be respectful of other patrons in these cafes and eating places, as not all patrons will be comfortable with dogs.
Ang Mo Kio
Hort Park/Kent Ridge Park area
More suggestions from Singapore’s dog community on Facebook!
- Pizza Plank @ Swan Lake Ave – review here
- Coffee Necessary Provisions @ Eng Kong Terrace – More about dog-friendly Eng Kong Terrace here
- Local food Food R’ Us @ Queen’s Street – review here
- Mix of cuisine Bar Bar Black Sheep @ Holland V – facebook here
- Mix of cuisine The Garden Slug @ Telok Kurau – facebook here
- Mix of cuisine Whisk & Paddle @ Tebing Lane, Punggol – facebook here
- Western Wheeler’s Yard @ 28 Lorong Ampas – facebook here
- Western Canopy @ Bishan Park – website here
- Mix of cuisine Wildseed Cafe & Bar @ 3 Park Lane – website here
- Western Wheeler’s Estate @ Seletar – review here
- Western w39 Bistro & Baskery @ 39 Jalan Mas Puteh – website here
- Western Open Farm Community @ 130e Minden Road – website here
- Bakery & food store Baker & Cook, at outlets where outdoor seating is available – list of locations here for you to check
- Western Jones the Grocer @ Dempsey – review here
- Mix of cuisine Summer Breeze @ Pasir ris Park – reviews here
Thanks G Seow, Dixie, ML Lew, Selina and LP Lim for the suggestions!